Outdoor Countertops in Central PA
Choosing countertops for your outdoor kitchen can be equally as exciting as it is overwhelming. From roof coverings and cabinetry to appliances and more, you have to coordinate many different features. When it comes to outdoor countertop ideas, we have you covered. Here are the benefits, drawbacks and maintenance tips you need to know when making your outdoor countertop decision.
Pros and Cons of Outdoor Countertops
Durability and strength are must-have qualities for your outdoor kitchen. Here are the pros and cons of four different materials for your outdoor countertops in Central PA:
- Granite: Granite is a durable and beautiful choice the hold up very well in the outdoors, but it needs to be sealed immediately to prevent weathering.
- Soapstone: Soapstone is a type of metamorphic rock made of mostly talc and trace minerals that can offer you different colors and levels of hardness.
- Large format tile: Large format tile is a stylish option that can bring your desired feel to your outdoor space. Large format tile is made to mimic the appearance of natural stone without the need for sealing.
Some Drawbacks of Outdoor Countertops
Anytime you expose stone to the outdoors, some degree of weathering will take place. If your outdoor countertops receive direct sunlight, they will fade over time. Softening may also occur as wind and sand begin to interact with your stone of choice.
To prevent staining, seal your countertop with a protective sealant. This will help keep your stone shining, smooth and beautiful.
Maintaining Outdoor Countertops in Central PA
Depending on the material you choose for your outdoor countertops, the care regiment may vary. For the most part, your maintenance routine should consist of the following:
- Seal Your Countertop: Granite must be sealed to protect them from the elements. Some materials are naturally more weather resistant but generally, choosing a sealant is the best way to maintain your countertops of any type.
- Clean Them Thoroughly: Keeping your outdoor countertops in Central PA clean is important to avoid staining. Wipe them down as often as you can with a wet cloth and a gentle soap.
- Keep Them Free of Debris: It’s likely that after rough weather, natural debris such as sticks, flowers, rocks or moss might find their way onto your countertops. Be sure to brush them away to avoid natural growth and bacteria.
Cost of Outdoor Countertops
Pricing of your outdoor countertops will vary based on your chosen materials. Our base price for stone starts at $60 per square foot and goes up from there.
If you have any questions about materials or pricing, contact us today to schedule a consultation and to receive a free quote.